Welcome to The Lakes - South Morang P-9 School
Welcome to The Lakes South Morang P–9 School. Our school is a dual campus school of 1000 students situated in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne and is part of a rapidly growing corridor in the City of Whittlesea. Our school is a diverse community with a representative mix of many cultures. Our school motto is Aspire to Inspire, and we are developing new value statements of Respect, Leadership, Teamwork and Learning to be unveiled in 2015. Our school prides ourselves on the relationships we build and the care we give to all students and wider members of our community as part of our Wellbeing and Engagement programs. At The Lakes we have powerful statements of belief that include:
• All students can learn and become confident lifelong learners.
• All students are unique individuals to be equally valued and nurtured.
• Students learn best when they are actively involved in their learning.
• Students take greater responsibility for their learning and personal growth when they have a voice and are able to negotiate their needs.
• Students and teachers learn and teach best when they are able to build positive relationships based on mutual respect and trust.
• Teachers as role models can teach students many skills and social competencies beyond the normal classroom.
• Teachers take responsibility for the whole development of their students and a commitment to the entire school.
• Students have access to innovative programs in all academic areas
The Lakes School is a vibrant learning environment with an innovative approach to curriculum. Our school enjoys facilities purpose built for 21st century learning and the key purpose is to challenge and empower all students to strive for personal excellence and ongoing growth and development. The Learning Street on both the Early Years and Middle Years Campuses is a focal point for curriculum delivery and our staff work collectively in Learning Teams to deliver quality teaching and learning focussed on Literacy, Numeracy and an inquiry based, integrated curriculum. The innovative use of ICT is embedded in all areas of the curriculum to support the development of every student in reaching their full potential. Our School continues to develop the grounds and facilities to ensure learning can, and will occur anywhere, anytime.
“The Lakes is a remarkable school. In what is a short period of time it has established a remarkably cohesive and supportive learning community, and it is clearly a good example of a contemporary Australian school. Over the next four to ten years, the improvements to be made are likely to mean that it will be judged as a great school. “ Dr David Gurr – School Reviewer Melbourne University
The following link will take you to an excerpt from The Lakes South Morang P-9 School Self Evaluation Report.
The following link will take you to our curriculum handbook, please read carefully.
2015 School Fees are now displayed on the school fees and payments page under parents.
New page created to explain the importance of attending school, page is located in the parents menu.
Evaluation of practice example has been added to home page.
Teacher Games Page added under showcase.
Video added to Amazing Authors page.
News & Events
Aug 18, 2014
The website is currently being reviewed to better suit the needs of visitors. We apologise for any inconvinence caused during this time. If you have any ideas on how we can improve the site please feel free to contact the school at
with a subject line of: Website Suggestions
View all Events